Collaborative Architecture Program between Royal Canadian Architectural Institute & Athabasca University
- Use of new Glass Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (GFRP) rebars in masonry beams.
- Seismic rehabilitation of reinforced-masonry columns using Carbon Fibre-Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) sheets.
- Confinement model for rectangular concrete masonry block prisms wrapped with CFRP.
- Flexure performance of reinforced masonry beams with longitudinally-drilled concrete.
- Performance of eccentrically loaded reinforced concrete masonry columns strengthened.
- Shear behaviour and capacity of reinforced masonry shear walls.
Shear behaviour of reinforced masonry walls, beams and columns.
May 2012 – Carleton University Masonry Research Summary
Behaviour and design of infilled masonry frames.
April 2012 – Dalhousie University Masonry Research Summary
Manufacturing of green concrete blocks using carbonation process.
April 2012 – McGill CO2 Project Summary
University of Manitoba
- Shear Modulus of Masonry Walls
- Masonry Heritage Structures
University of New Brunswick
NOT YET FUNDED
University of Alberta
- Using Unit Strength to Specify Design Compressive Strength Values for Contemporary
- Utilization of Nano-silica in developing high performance masonry mortars
- Reliability Analysis of masonry members under compression designed to the Canadian standard
- Using Unit Strength to Specify Design Compressive Strength for Concrete Masonry
- Behaviour of Masonry Infill Shear Walls with Openings
University of Calgary
- Multi-Wythe stone wall testing & ways to strengthen multi-wythe walls
- Dynamic tests on stone walls
- Shear resistance of concrete block work
- Shear strength of partially grouted concrete masonry with widely spaced reinforcement
April 2012 – Research Work
University of Saskatchewan
- Masonry Wall Systems: Engineering for the Life Cycle – A Pilot Study
- Lap Splices in Masonry Walls
- Upgrade of MTS Controller for Hydraulic Actuators in Structural Laboratory
May 2012 – Research Work
- Improved seismic response of masonry structutes
- The Evaluation of Fire and EMS Structures
- Unbounded FREI Research
- Dynamic testing of nominally reinforced masonry
- Partially reinforced concrete block walls
- Blast resistance of concrete block construction
- Fibre reinforcing of concrete block construction
- Seismic performance of reinforced block shear walls
- Evaluation of third scale modelling and full shear wall tests
- Parametric study of seismic performance of third scale shear walls
- Test of model reinforced masonry building
- Tests of individual walls from model building
- Rheology of fresh concrete and mortar
- Use of post consumer waste in concrete and concrete blocks
- Use of glass powder as supplementary cementing material
- Development of internal curing system for high performance concrete
- Repair materials and methodology for concrete
- Freeze-thaw of concrete and concrete products
- Energy consumption of buildings
University of British Columbia
- Stability of Reinforced Masonry Shear Walls Under Seismic Loading
University of Western Ontario
University of Windsor
- Compressive strengths and specialty masonry units.
April 2012 – Research Work